Hello all! Happy Spring/Year of the Fire Monkey/2016! I know, I’m a little late to the party! I just wanted to check in a give you a few natural tips that you can do at home to help you get through the end of the Spring allergy season!
- Wash pillow cases weekly, if not more! Reason: Allergens love to rest on us and accumulate while we are sleeping and just like us, they love pillows.
- Shower before bed and when you wake up in the morning. (See the reasoning above.)
- Consider using a saline nasal wash. They even make some that you can use in the shower. How easy is that?
- Close your windows at night and instead use an air conditioner if you’re too warm. This will also minimize allergens in your home.
- Take your shoes off when you walk into the house. It’s amazing how much dust and debris collect on our shoes!
- Many people with allergies to pollen AND dust mites find that they do better when they get rid of the carpet in their homes. A little harder and more time consuming to achieve, but it could do wonders.
- Make an appointment with your acupuncturist! Acupuncture is a fast-acting symptom reliever and combined with Chinese herbal medicine, it can help you stave off allergies for good!
For more natural remedies, check out this website: http://wellnessmama.com/8370/allergy-relief-remedies/
Have a great day!